CreativeBuzz is searching for a JUNIOR SNEAKER DESIGNER for a lifestyle sportswear and footwear brand in Amsterdam. You will work hands-on and together with a professional senior team on the high fashion lifestyle sneakers for the Chines market. Please apply direct with a personal note.
About the organization
International sports,- & footwear brand
- As a junior you will assist the senior designers by designing truly inspired footwear collections bridging sports style and fashion informed by and created for the consumer.
- Collaborate within the Product team to ensure holistic storytelling.
- Produces trend and travel reports for other members of the Product, Sales, the Marketing teams.
- Sourcing for materials and maintaining the material library.
- Hands over Tech packs to development team and communicates all relevant information needed for development process, including detailed, technical drawings.
- Works with Development Team and factories to resolve product issues from commercialization to initial Tech packages.
- Travel and at least 2 to 4 times a year to China to understand how the Chinese market works.
- In addition, of course, the other necessary trips for trade fairs and shopping trips.
Requirements for the job
- 1-3 years of footwear design experience.
- Advanced level Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop; InDesign; other multimedia tools a plus.
- Bachelors degree in product, industrial, fashion, automotive or interior design.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually.
- Drive innovation based fashion trends.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to assist designing for new initiatives and create products with a fresh, innovative perspective.
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills; ability to receive design critique and respond with multiple solutions.
- Ability to illustrate designs & concepts in both hand sketch and rendering forms.
- A high level of flexibility, ability to cope with pressure and willingness to travel.
- Strong team player as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills.
- Understanding of materials and their application to footwear designs; understanding of material development processes and footwear construction.
- Knowledge of English, notions of German is a plus (verbal).
- A young, passionate, dynamic and ambitious team.
- An International and fast growing organization.
- A solidly built financially strong holding with a sufficient internal network of successful affiliates.
- Competitive remuneration package
- This position is based in Amsterdam area.
Cecile Bruggink +31 (0) 6 22944926